Kyle Ryde rebounded from his race two crash to claim the final Bennetts British Superbike Championship race victory at Donington Park, becoming the first rider to take a double win in 2023 on a weekend where seven different riders celebrated podium success.
Ryde again got a fantastic launch off the line to lead the pack into Redgate for the first time ahead of his LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha teammate Ryan Vickers and Tommy Bridewell. The BeerMonster Ducati rider was soon into second place with a move at Redgate on lap two.
Leon Haslam was moving up the order too over the opening laps and he was soon into fourth ahead of Danny Kent on lap three as he continued his home round fight.
On the same lap, Andrew Irwin’s difficult weekend came to a premature end when he crashed out with Storm Stacey at the Melbourne Loop. Andrew Irwin was penalised with three penalty points and a drop of three grid positions for his next race, following the incident.
Ryde was holding the advantage at the front of the pack but Bridewell continued to pile on the pressure and the pair were able to ease out an advantage, but over the final two laps, the home contender had the advantage to take his third win of the season.
Bridewell’s second place fired him back ahead in the championship standings but only by three points as his teammate Glenn Irwin carved his way through the pack from eleventh on the grid to complete the podium and hold second in the title fight ahead of Knockhill.
Ryan Vickers continued his strong weekend with a fourth place finish as he led the next on track pack ahead of a Christian Iddon who overcame illness to take his best result of the season with fifth for the Oxford Products Racing Ducati team.
Lee Jackson was the lone Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki in race three, finishing in sixth place ahead of Jason O'Halloran, who dropped down the order with an overheating issue on the McAMS Yamaha.
Haslam was eighth and still scored the most points across the Oulton Park and Donington Park events to be crowned the winner of the Milwaukee Spring Grand Slam, whilst Charlie Nesbitt and Danny Buchan completed the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Donington Park, Race 3 result:
- Kyle Ryde (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha)
- Tommy Bridewell (BeerMonster Ducati) +1.397s
- Glenn Irwin (BeerMonster Ducati) +3.588s
- Ryan Vickers (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) +3.690s
- Christian Iddon (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) +4.999s
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki) +5.137s
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +5.581s
- Leon Haslam (ROKiT BMW Motorrad) +9.123s
- Charlie Nesbitt (MasterMac Honda by Hawk Racing) +9.374s
- Danny Buchan (SYNETIQ BMW Motorrad) +11.351s
For the full race result please click here
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings:
- Tommy Bridewell (BeerMonster Ducati) 119
- Glenn Irwin (BeerMonster Ducati) 116
- Josh Brookes (FHO Racing BMW Motorrad Team) 114
- Leon Haslam (ROKiT BMW Motorrad) 110
- Kyle Ryde (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) 109
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) 70
- Lee Jackson (Cheshire Mouldings Kawasaki) 70
- Ryan Vickers (LAMI OMG Racing Yamaha) 50
- Jack Kennedy (Mar-Train Racing Yamaha) 50
- Christian Iddon (Oxford Products Racing Ducati) 49
For the full standings please click here